The first transformation, is where you begin with the nourishment of your body and how you digest food AND information.
Your determination in human design is not a curse, nor does it define you! Eating for your digestion type in human design is a map you need to personally interpret. This way you can reach your best nourishment, both physically and mentally.
Here’s a quick rundown of the color lines:
- 1st color lines are the oldest determination types and very seasonal. Consecutive is from hunter societies, with a more active digestion. It needs simple whole foods, and information from the source. It can’t hop around a lot, and usually need to focus on one food type or information study for a few days at a time. Alternating is more passive, and all about pairing and flow. It needs to hop around between a few subjects or foods. Alternating appetite is also very seasonal, but the seasons move much faster.
- 2nd color lines are natural and intuitive. Open taste is very flow and experimental, you’ll love receiving information and food suggestions from the universe, and its very active. Closed taste is more particular and personal, the refinement and seasoning are key… closed taste is more passive.
- 3rd color lines are experimental and experiential— its not just about hot food vs. cold food! You’ll want to play with what that means for you. I think it has a lot to do with layering (cold) vs. simplicity (hot). Studying on one topic that interests you for a while and building/rabbit hole-ing all the veins you can study (cold), vs. methodical study and note taking (hot) of a topic… more of a simmering in your study.
… and moving into the newer determination and human design digestion styles….
- 4th color lines are about the environment, its energy, and what you need to focus and feel comfortable. Its also all about texture! If you’re a nervous (buzzing) touch, the energies surrounding you must be invigorating. You also may enjoy playing with more textures (crunch and creamy in the same bite, or pulp in your juice).
- 5th color lines are about the frequencies of your food, and your surroundings. Its not just about listening to music while eating, or studying in silence… is also about the frequency of your food or information. I’ve found that high sound determination will also tend to like or crave fresher, raw foods and lighter foods, and like to listen to music while studying or taking in-person classes! While low sound determination may prefer a well cooked meal, or stews, and studying in the quiet of their home or a more private learning environment.
- 6th color lines are about the environment and the quality of the light in it. Direct light determination tends to do well eating in the day-time, in well-lit natural environments, with bright decor or warm colors. Indirect light determination tends to prefer eating or studying/learning early morning or late evening, after the sun has waned. They also seem to do better in cooler color tones, or more muted decor.
While all the eating styles are intuitive and experimental, I think the 3rd and 6th color lines are very similar in the way they layer.
I hope this quick breakdown for eating for your digestion type in human design was helpful!
It most certainly gets deeper than this, so if you’d like to schedule a human design determination coaching call, message me to get one set up! We’ll cover your determination, explore what that means to you, and I’ll include recipes or rituals for your type.
Meanwhile, check out some of my additional blog posts. Its all great for the general practitioners of being:
- Outing My Shadow + Unconditional Love
- Try these fluffy strawberry rhubarb scones with heart opening rose cream
- Or a seasonal rendition of a classic cookie: Lemon and Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- My favorite hummus recipe ever is full of Dill and Lemon, like a dairy-free tatziki sauce🤤
- And a dairy-free creamy pesto pasta with italian sausage